CREEME Faculty Fellows
The Faculty Fellows program, part of the CREEME HSI Grant, provides professional development opportunities centered on Culturally Responsive Pedagogy and the nuances of teaching at a Hispanic Serving Institution, like Angelo State.
The fellows program consists of:
- Certificate of Teaching and Learning at Hispanic Serving Institution
- Opportunity to serve as a faculty coach for future cohorts
All faculty, instructors, adjuncts, and administrators are welcome and eligible to participate in the Escala Institute which will be held in San Angelo. Space is limited.
Faculty walk away with:
- A maximum of $500 incentive
- Professional development to strengthen their T&P application
- An opportunity to do self-assessment of teaching practices
Students in your courses will benefit from:
- Collaborative learning environments
- Boosted student engagement through intentional content delivery
- Welcoming and responsive classrooms that meet students where they are
Escala Education is a consortium of higher education consultants who are committed to increasing the retention and graduation rates of underrepresented students in higher education. The Escala team will lead an interactive 3-day workshop where faculty can expect:
- To learn to better understand adult learning, motivation and engagement based on cognitive neuroscience and psychology
- To better measure student learning habits, attitudes toward college, and readiness to learn based on student data
- To identify equity gaps in final course grades by conducting equity analysis using course data
- To conduct a self assessment of teaching through video analysis of teaching
- To get personalized assistance with implementation of learning techniques
- To design and complete a systematic teaching project based on principles of the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning
Earn up to $500 for completing the Escala Institute program right here in San Angelo!
Two levels of incentives:
- Escala Institute $100: the first level of incentives is for ASU faculty that attend the entire institute.
- Certificate of Teaching & Learning at an HSI Completion $400: the next level of incentives is for ASU faculty that complete the College Teaching & Learning Certificate that culminates in a 15-minute presentation of their systematic teaching project.
All faculty members at Angelo State, INCLUDING instructors, lecturers, adjuncts and new faculty, are eligible to participate in the Escala Institute in San Angelo. While participation is targeted toward STEM disciplines, we encourage all university faculty to attend. Space is limited. Register now.