Final Grades Submission
To create a consistent experience for students, we have implemented a new tool in your Blackboard. This tool will allow faculty to push final grades directly from their Blackboard Grade Center into Banner. Therefore, students will see their final grades in their courses, as well as in RamPort.
After adjusting a few settings within the Blackboard Grade Center, faculty can now submit their final grades through Blackboard, pushing directly into Banner.
After submitting final grades in Blackboard, a second, optional check to ensure grades are submitted is available through self service. Login to RamPort, navigate to the Faculty Services or Advising tab, select Final Grades, select the appropriate term and course, and verify grades were submitted.
Entering final grades through self service is still available. Login to RamPort, navigate to the Faculty Services or Advising tab, select Final Grades, select the appropriate term and course, and input final grades one at a time.
Set the External Grade Column
- Navigate to the Full Grade Center in your Blackboard course (see Figure 1)
- Choose your final grade column
*Note: For example, choose your total or weighted column, or create a new final grades column.
- Expand the drop down menu for the final grade column
- Choose “Set as External Grade” (see Figure 1)
*Note: A green check mark will now appear to the left of the title
Set the Primary Display
- Expand the drop down menu for the External Grade column
- Select “Edit Column Information”(see Figure 2)
- Expand the drop down menu for “Primary Display”
- Choose Score, Letter, or Percentage (see Figure 2)
*Note: Do not choose Text or Complete/Incomplete. These settings will not work with the Final Grades Tool.
Set the Secondary Display
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 above
- Expand the drop down menu for “Secondary Display”
- Choose either Letter or None (See Figure 3)
*Note: Do not choose Score, Text, Percentage, or Complete/Incomplete. These settings will not work with the Final Grades tool.
Removing Preview User from the Grade Center
If you have previously toggled Student Preview, and your preview user is currently in your grade center, follow these steps to remove your preview user:
- Toggle Student Preview at the top, right hand corner of you screen
- Click on Exit Preview
- Choose “Delete the preview user and all data (Recommended)”
- Click Continue
You should now see that your preview user is removed from the grade center. You may now advance to the final grades tool.
Submitting Final Grades
*You must review the Grade Center requirements on the previous tab before continuing with this section.*
Submit Final Grades
- Navigate to Course Tools
- Select “Final Grades” (See Figure 1)
- Select “Final Grades” from the ribbon (See Figure 2)
*Note: You will now see the Final Grades Submission page. By default, students’ names are sorted by first name. To change this, simply click on “Surname,” the second column from the left.
- Expand the drop down menu for “Populate final grade from current grade”
- Choose “Final Grade” (See Figure 3)
*Note: The grades from the external grade column will now populate into the Final Grade column on this page. If you wish to start over for any reason, click the “Clear Grades on form” button to clear the grades.
- Identify failing grades and enter in Last Date of Attendance under the respected column. (See Figure 4)
- For grades of Incompletes, delete the letter grade in the column for the selected student, and type in the letter “I.” Do not include the date for incompletes. The extension date is preset in Banner and fills in automatically.
*Note: Last date of attendance must fall between the full, regular term dates.
- Review grades and adjust final grades if necessary in the Final Grade column
- Click the Submit Grades button to the lower right corner to send final grades to Banner (See Figure 5)
Verify a green bar appears across the top of the Final Grades page (see Figure 6)
*Note: The green bar will read Successful. If a red bar appears instead, double check that you have entered all grades for all students. If a failing grade was given, be sure to indicate Last Date of Attendance.
If final grades were entered incorrectly, a Grade Change Request Form must be submitted to the Registrar’s Office. For questions regarding this form, please contact the Registrar’s Office at 325-942-2043, or visit their website.