Release Date: Oct. 11, 2011
Faculty Publications Go on Display in ASU Library
A permanent display in the Porter Henderson Library will be dedicated Monday, Oct. 17, to honor Angelo State University faculty by showcasing their scholarly articles and books published during the previous academic year.
The display debut is set for 2 p.m. Monday, Oct. 17, in the Learning Commons on the first floor of the Porter Henderson Library. ASU President Joseph C. Rallo will offer remarks as the 27 faculty members responsible for 20 refereed journal articles and eight books are recognized at the ceremony.
The Faculty Publication Display will be updated annually to reflect the scholarly publications of Angelo State faculty. A bibliography of the faculty publications also will be maintained on the library website at www.angelo.edu/services/library/facpubbiblio.html.
“As educators, our goal is not only to impart knowledge but also to create knowledge for the benefit of society,” Rallo said. “The Faculty Publications Display demonstrates the scholarly accomplishments of our faculty in that quest for new knowledge and understanding of the world around us.”
The ceremony is open free to the public. Refreshments will be served afterward.
Faculty whose journal articles are included in the display, along with their academic discipline and the title of their journals, are:
- Dr. Loren K. Ammerman, Biology, Check List, Journal of Mammalogy and Southwestern Naturalist
- Dr. Kathryn E. Artnak, Nursing, Journal of Law, Medicine & Ethics
- Dr. William B. Davidson, Psychology, Psychological Reports
- Dr. Marilyn J. Eisenwine, Teacher Education, Educational Forum and English in Texas
- Dr. Donna Gee, Teacher Education, English in Texas
- Dr. Beverly J. Greenwald, Nursing, Gastroenterology Nursing Journal (two articles)
- Dr. Amaris R. Guardiola, Biology, Development
- Dr. Judith Hakes, Teacher Education, English in Texas
- Dr. Jamal G. Husein, Economics, The Empirical Economics Letters and Tourism Economics
- Dr. S. Murat Kara, Economics, The Empirical Economics Letters and Tourism Economics
- Dr. Robert R. Mowrer, Psychology, Psychology Reports
- Dr. Edith M. Osborne, Chemistry, Science
- Dr. George Pacheco, Communication, New Directions for Teaching and Learning
- Dr. Christine Purkiss, Teacher Education, English in Texas
- Dr. Joseph C. Rallo, Management, Presidential Perspectives
- Dr. Michael W. Salisbury, Agriculture, Texas Journal of Agriculture and Natural Resources
- Dr. Susan S. Wilkinson, Nursing, Nursing Management
- Dr. Scott C. Williams, Physics, Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research B.
Faculty whose books are included in the display, along with their academic discipline and book titles, are:
- Dr. Terence A. Dalrymple, English, Fishing for Trouble and Texas Soundtrack: Texas Stories Inspired by Texas Music
- Dr. Arnoldo De León, History, Beyond Texas Through Time: Breaking Away from Past Interpretations and Latinos in U.S. Sport: A History of Isolation, Cultural Identity and Acceptance
- Dr. Robert S. Ehlers, Security Studies, Targeting the Third Reich: Air Intelligence and the Allied Bombing Campaigns
- Dr. Chris Ellery, English, The Big Mosque of Mercy
- Dr. Laurence E. Musgrove, English, Handmade Thinking: A Picture Book on Reading and Drawing
- Dr. Shawn T. Wahl, Communication, Business and Professional Communication