Advising appointments are necessary for every student at the university, and the Norris-Vincent College of Business offers specialized, professional advising services through the Center for Student Success.
What to Expect
Our professional advisors meet with each of our students at least once a semester for advising appointments. In these appointments, the student and the advisor discuss:
- General well-being and the student’s life
- Academics and grades
- Classes for the upcoming semester
- Academic resources
- Prerequisites and degree checklists
How to Prepare
You can make the most out of your advising appointment by reviewing your degree evaluation and writing down any questions beforehand.
- Review your degree evaluation
- Look up available classes
- Bring the classes you’re interested in and any questions to your meeting
Know Your Right to Privacy
The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) governs the release of and access to student records. Advisors can only speak to the student about the student’s records - regardless of the student’s age or who pays the student’s bill. Students can add a parent/guardian as an Authorized User and give Proxy access through RamPort.