ASU Lake House Facility
This beautiful property with the Lake Nasworthy backdrop, offers ample opportunities to unwind and relax. Whether you are looking to play, study, grill, kayak, or nap, this place is for you.
- Equipment checkout
- Sit-on-top kayaks, basketballs, volleyballs, footballs, table tennis, and Frisbees
- Regulation-sized table tennis
- Outdoor sand volleyball court
- Outdoor basketball court
- Picnic tables
- Free-standing charcoal grills
- Shaded pavilion
- Two boat launches
- Access to the lake
- Swimming is at the participant’s own risk
- There is no lifeguard on duty
- Diving is prohibited
- Bathroom facilities
- Equipment checkout
Location & Hours
Lake House Hours of Operation:
Wednesday, Saturday, and Sunday, 1 p.m. to sundown. Please note, General-Use hours shut down for the season the Wednesday before Thanksgiving and resume the first operational day within March. This is due to seasonality and usage. The property may be available for use during this time frame, but you must contact Special Events to reserve the property. Equipment check-out is not available during the off season unless reserved ahead of time with Outdoor Adventures.
Phone for Lake House is 325-942-2034.
The ASU Lake House located at 1925 Beaty Road, San Angelo, TX. Please click here for location map.
Special Events / Facility Reservation
If you are interested in reserving the property for an event / program, please contact Special Events.
Access & Eligibility
Facility / Program Access and Eligibility
Access to the Climbing Gym & ASU Lake House Facility is limited. Valid identification is required to enter the premises, and a waiver of liability must be on-file for equipment check-out programs.
University Recreation has now simplified access to all users groups. ASU Students, UREC Pass Holders, Foundation User Groups, Activity Card Holders (with sponsors), and Up & Coming Scholars and Mother/Daughter program now all have access to the Lake House Facility and Equipment Check-Out program. Additionally, these user groups may bring out up to four guests. Paid guests may utilize programs. Please see the table below for additional information.
Faculty/Staff may access the facility with only a valid OneCard, but they may not participate in programs without a pass nor invite guests.
BREAKDOWN BY USER GROUP USER GROUP WITH ACCESS ALLOTTED GUESTS PROGRAMS (e.g. kayak check out) ASU Students, Up & Coming Scholars, Mother/Daughter Program Pass 4 FREE 1 FREE, 3 PAID UREC Pass Holders 4 PAID YES Foundation Members with CHP Privileges 4 PAID YES Activity Card Holders 4 FREE YES, but their guests may not participate in programs ASU Faculty / Staff 4 FREE No
Guidelines for Equipment Checkout
Guidelines for Equipment Check-out:
- Current students, faculty, staff, and activity card holders are eligible to check-out and use the equipment if they are at least 16 years of age or supervised by parent/guardian.
- Patrons must bring their own life-jacket to check out a kayak or stand up paddle-board and paddle. Tandem kayaks as well as all other equipment will not be available for checkout at this time.
- Outdoor Adventures will require all patrons to sign a risk waiver prior to checking out watercraft.
- Although eligible activity card holders have authorization to check-out and use the equipment, the faculty/staff host must be present with the activity card holder the entire time the equipment is used. The host will be responsible for any damage or improper use of the equipment by the activity card holder.