Skip Navigation
Angelo State University
Office of Sponsored Projects

Search Site

Information for:

Frequently Asked Questions

  • Proposals to Private Foundations


    I would like to submit a proposal to a private foundation. Which grant approval form should I use – the Development Office’s Request for Project Funding, or the Sponsored Projects Office’s Application for Review and Approval of Proposal?


    This depends on the intent of your proposal. If you are requesting funds to renovate space, build a building, endow a faculty chair or scholarship, or a similar project, you should use the Development Form. If you are requesting funds to conduct research and/or implement a new program that involves some type of deliverable, you should use the Sponsored Projects Form. The Sponsored Projects Office will communicate with the Development Office to ensure that your grant can be submitted to the foundation you have chosen.

  • Federal Agency Regions


    I’m interested in a grant that is only for a specific region. What region is Texas in?


    Each Federal agency has its own service regions. These regions typically comprise groups of states. Texas is in the following Federal agencies’ service regions:

    • Census Bureau – West South Central Region
    • Department of Education – Region VI
    • Department of Labor – Region 4
    • Environmental Protection Agency – Region 6
    • Health & Human Services – Region VI
    • National Archives & Records Administration – Southwest Region
    • U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service - Region 2 (Southwest)
  • OMB Circulars


    My grant refers to the guidelines in the Uniform Guidance or 2 CFR 200. What is the Uniform Guidance (2 CFR 200), and where can it find it?


    The Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards, also known as the “Uniform Guidance,” is the federal Office of Management and Budget’s (OMB’s) statement of rules and regulations governing federal grants and cooperative agreements. You can review the Uniform Guidance by selecting the link below.


    Link to 2 CFR 200:


    Note: The Uniform Guidance replaced OMB Circulars A-21, A-110, and several others, effective for awards issued after Dec. 24, 2014. Individuals responsible for managing grants and cooperative agreements awarded before that date should consult with the Sponsored Projects Office to determine which regulations currently apply to their award(s).

  • Federal Acronyms & Abbreviations


    These Federal grant applications have a lot of undefined acronyms and abbreviations in them. Do you have a list of common acronyms and abbreviations found in grant application documents?


    The Federal Demonstration Partnership anticipated your question and has developed a list of the most commonly used acronyms

If you have additional questions, please email the

ASU Logo