Social Work Student Resources
Bachelors of Social Work
Master of Social Work
ASU Resources for Social Work Students
- Social Work Community Advisory Committee: This group helps enhance the direction and quality of the ASU social work program.
- ASU Library Resources: This LibGuide was developed specifically for social work students with study resources relevant to their field of study.
- University Catalog: This official university publication lists the social work degree program and course descriptions.
- APA Style: This is the official writing style guide for social work research papers.
- ASU Career Development: In addition to viewing career profiles, get help with company reviews, salary information and interviewing tips.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook: The U.S. Department of Labor maintains this career database.
- AmeriCorps VISTA: Volunteers in Service to America engages more than 8,000 individuals annually to support community efforts to overcome poverty.
Marketable Skills of BSW
Knowledge of interventions applicable to one’s specialty
Active listening skills
Exceptional professional boundary setting
Critical thinking skills
Verbal and written communication skills
Ability to facilitate co-operation both among individuals, families, groups, organizations, and communities.