Council on Social Work Education (CSWE)
The Council on Social Work Education is the national accrediting body of social work education in the United States. CSWE accredits both graduate and undergraduate social work programs. Angelo State University’s Social Work B.S.W. Program received it’s initial accreditation in 2010 and will undergo it’s re-affirmation of accreditation in 2026. In 2019, CSWE granted Angelo State University’s Master of Social Work (MSW) program Initial Candidacy status. Students enrolled in the MSW program are eligible to sit for the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners’ licensing exam upon graduation. Full accreditation of the MSW program is slated for June 2022.
The Social Work Department began using InPlace in Fall 2021, InPlace is a internship management platform. Students will use InPlace for applications, time sheets, weekly supervision logs and evaluations. We have provided access to the required applications and forms, so students can view outside of the InPlace Student Platform.
Field Education Forms
- Application for BSW Field Education
- Student feedback on Agency and Field Supervisor after interview for placement.
- For student to identify days and times of Field Education placement.
- Weekly supervision record signed by Supervisor.
- Record weekly field hours and signed by Supervisor.
- Completed by student with assistance from Field Supervisor, to address the learning goals for the semester.
- Student self evaluation of experience at Agency.
- Student evaluation of Field Education Instructor at Agency.