International Student Application Information
To enroll at Angelo State University as an international student, you must have all of the following items on file at the Center for International Studies:
- Complete the Apply Texas Application for Admission
- Mandatory U.S. $50 nonrefundable application fee (To be paid by using an international money order, credit card, cashier’s check or postal order)
- Official transcript(s) of previous academic record (High school/secondary school transcript and U.S./foreign college transcripts)
- Demonstrated English language proficiency
- SAT or ACT exam scores (Required only for applicants who wish to compete for an ASU scholarship)
- Official Financial Statement Form completed by sponsor and an original bank statement or letter (with amounts in U.S. dollars) with original signatures on both forms
ApplicationComplete the Apply Texas admission application. The application cannot be processed without the application fee (it is mandatory and nonrefundable). This fee can be paid by credit card at the time of application to prevent delay in the processing. Otherwise, we require an international money order, cashier’s check or postal order.
Submit all the above materials by one of these deadlines:
- June 10 to register for the fall semester (begins in late August)
- Nov. 1 to register for the spring semester (begins in mid-January)
- March 15 to register for summer sessions (begins in early June)
Approval for Admission
Once you have met all admission requirements, we will issue the Form I-20 Certificate of Eligibility that allows non-immigrant international students to apply for an F-1 student visa.
When the Form I-20 is processed, you will need to make the appropriate Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) fee payments and schedule an appointment with the U.S. Embassy to apply for an F-1 student visa.
Info for Undergrads
Texas Success Initiative (TSI)
All international applicants must register to take an approved TSI assessment prior to enrolling in a Texas public college or university, unless otherwise exempt. Visit ASU’s Texas Success Initiative website for more information and exemptions. The assessment can be taken after your arrival at ASU.
Advanced Placement, CLEP and International Baccalaureate Credits
If you wish to earn ASU credit for successful completion of Advanced Placement, CLEP and International Baccalaureate credits, submit your official score reports to the Registrar’s Office. Minimum score requirements are available on the Registrar’s Office website.