Skip Navigation
Angelo State University
International Students

Search Site

Information for:

An international student moves into a campus housing facility at Angelo State University.

Housing and Vaccinations


  • Housing

    On-Campus Housing (Residential Living)

    When you live on campus at Angelo State University, you meet new people, get involved in student activities and are close to all your classes. And you have plenty of opportunities to study! The Center for International Studies encourages you to apply for a residence hall room for your first semester. It’s best to live on campus until you learn your way around ASU and San Angelo.

    Apply for housing and get more information about ASU’s residence halls on the Housing and Residential Programs website.

    Off-Campus Housing

    Apartments are available within walking distance of the university. These apartments are privately owned and not affiliated with the university in any way. The Center for International Studies can assist you by providing a list of apartments near campus. However, all arrangements for off-campus housing are the responsibility of the student.

    The demand for housing in the San Angelo area is high, so securing an apartment can be difficult. If you like the amenities that apartments offer, consider ASU’s Vanderventer Apartments. 

  • Vaccinations

    Bacterial Meningitis Vaccination

    The State of Texas requires that new students or transfer students who plan to live on campus receive a bacterial meningitis vaccination. Some students may have already had the vaccination, but any who have not must get vaccinated at least 10 days prior to the first day of classes.

    Please be aware that ASU Housing and Residential Programs will not assign students to rooms in on-campus housing facilities until we receive documentation demonstrating compliance with the Texas state law regarding the meningitis vaccination.

    Students are required to present vaccination evidence to the Registrar’s Office.

    Your documentation must include the date of your vaccination. Please provide at least one of these acceptable forms of proof of vaccination:

    • An official immunization record
    • An official school record
    • A physician’s note


    Students may be exempt from the bacterial meningitis vaccination law under one of the following provisions. You must submit one form of the documentation listed below to be in compliance with the meningitis vaccination law.

    • An affidavit or certificate from a physician that states the vaccination would be harmful to the health and well-being of the student.
    • Conscientious Exemption Form from the Texas Department of State Health Services that states that the student is declining the vaccination for reasons of conscience, including a religious belief.
ASU Logo