Civil & Mechanical Engineering Objectives and Outcomes
Program Educational Objectives
The undergraduate engineering programs at Angelo State University strive to prepare practice-ready engineers who:
- Respond to the needs of society by integrating effective communication, ethical responsibility, social awareness, and analytical reasoning in engineering design.
- Demonstrate superior engineering competency by creating innovative, safe, equitable, sustainable, and economical solutions to complex problems.
- Act as agents who broaden the diversity of the profession through effective teamwork, negotiation, mentorship, and leadership.
- Pursue professional registration and improve their professional competencies through life-long reflective learning.
Student Learning Outcomes
Skills our graduates will have upon graduation:
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics
- An ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- An ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
- An ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
- An ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions
- An ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.