MBA with Specialization in Healthcare Management
The MBA may also be completed with a specialization in Healthcare Management. This specialization is designed to develop and enhance business knowledge and skills that are appropriate for healthcare executives, administrators and managers in public or private healthcare organizations. In addition to the business knowledge and skills covered in the standard MBA program, this specialization offers additional training in the following areas:
- Legal and ethical aspects of healthcare
- Healthcare financial management
- Healthcare operations
- Healthcare communications in a diverse workplace.
This program is a total of 36 credit hours and can be completed in as little as 14 months. All required courses are offered in an online (8 week terms) format. Some courses are also offered in a face-to-face/hybrid format (16 week terms). For a more detailed description of the curriculum, visit the Course Descriptions page.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- 2.5 or better GPA overall or last 60 hours
- 430 or better GMAT score (GMAT waived with 3.0 or better GPA or 3 years meaningful business experience)
- Professional Resume
MBA Learning Goals
Upon successful completion of the MBA degree program, our graduates should be able to:
- Apply advanced knowledge skills and values to develop integrative solutions to management problems
- Demonstrate effective written and oral communication skills appropriate to business
- Demonstrate knowledge of the global nature of business
- Demonstrate ethical reasoning and awareness appropriate to business decision making, social responsibility and sustainability.
- Demonstrate an appreciation for the value of diversity in the workplace.
- Lead others and work effectively in a team setting.
Students who hold an undergraduate business degree should be prepared to start the MBA curriculum. Those who do not hold a business degree may be required to complete foundation requirements through IVY MBA PrepWorks in the following areas:
- Financial Accounting
- Managerial Accounting
- Fundamentals of Economics
- Understanding Corporate Finance
- Principles of Management
- Principles of Marketing
- Business Math and Statistics
- Excel for MBA Students
The foundation requirements for each student are determined on a case-by-case basis.