Dr. David Carter
- Ph.D., (1996) Analytical Chemistry, University of Arizona
- B.S., (1980) Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics, Wayland Baptist University, Summa cum Laude
General Chemistry I&II - CHEM 1311/1111 & CHEM 1312/1112
Quantitative Analysis - CHEM 3421
Instrumental Analysis - CHEM 4421
Trace environmental analysis and speciation of environmentally important elements
Chemical Education: Factors affecting success in General Chemistry
High accuracy quantum mechanical calculation of intermolecular interaction energies
- Orientation of 1- and 2-Methylimidazole on Silver Electrodes Determined with Surface-Enhanced Raman Scattering, Carter, D. A., Pemberton, J. E., Woelfel, K. J., The Journal of Physical Chemistry B; 1998; 102(49), 9870.
- Raman Spectroscopy and Vibrational Assignments of 1- and 2-methylimidazole, Carter, D. A.; Pemberton, J. E., J. Raman Spectrosc., 1997, 28 (12), 939.
- Frequency/Wavelength Calibration of Multipurpose Multichannel Raman Spectrometers Part II: Calibration Fit Considerations and Calibration Standards, Carter, D.A., Thompson, W.R., Taylor, C. E. and Pemberton, J. E., Appl. Spectrosc., 1995, 49, 1561.
- Frequency/Wavelength Calibration of Multipurpose Multichannel Raman Spectrometers. Part I: Instrumental Factors Affecting Precision, Carter, D.A. and Pemberton, J. E., Appl. Spectrosc., 1995, 49, 1550.
- Surface-Enhanced Raman Scattering of the Acid-Base Forms of Imidazole, Carter, D. A. and Pemberton, J. E., Langmuir, 1992, 8, 1218.
- Raman Spectroscopy Using Charge Coupled Device Detection, Pemberton, J. E., Sobocinski, R. L., Bryant, Mark A., Carter, D. A., Spectroscopy, 1990, 5(2), 26.
- Plants—The Energy-Capturing Machines. Article in “Plants—The Green Machines!” American Chemical Society, Chemists Celebrate Earth Day publication, 2010.
- Spectrophotometer. Yesinia Valenzuela and Dr. David Carter, Tri-Beta South Central Regional Convention, Kingston, OK, April 5-7, 2013.
- Interaction Energy Calculations using the G2MP2 Method for the Analysis of the S66 Data Set. Tania Estradaa, Advisor: Dr. David A. Carter, Collaborators: Dr. Angela K. Wilson, Amanda G. Riojas, Ritwick Mynam. Undergraduate Research Symposium, Angelo State University, April 19, 2013.
- Biomolecular application for the correlation consistent composite approach: Noncovalent interactions for HF, NH3, H2O clusters. Amanda G Riojas, Ritwick Mynam, Tania E Bustillos, David A Carter, Angela K Wilson. 247th ACS National Meeting, March 16-20, 2014, Dallas, TX.
- UV-Vis Spectrophotometer Comparison. Widdess, Kelcee, Herrick, Dorian, Wolf, Seraiah, Goggin, David, Pedra Neme, Barbara, Barros, Wellington, Carter, David. 2014 Undergraduate Research/Creative Endeavor Symposium, May 27, 2015, Angelo State University San Angelo, TX.
- Methodology for Qualitative and Quantitative Analysis of Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons (PAHs). David Goggin, Dr. David Carter. 2016 Undergraduate Research/Creative Endeavor Symposium, April 29, 2016, Angelo State University San Angelo, TX.
- Enhanced Reproducibility for the Analysis of Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons in Water Samples. Dorian Herrick, Dr. David Carter and Alondra Salazar. 253rd ACS National Meeting, April 2-6, 2017, San Francisco, CA
- PAHs in Candles. Alondra Salazar, Dr. David Carter, Dorian Herrick and Baxter Krug. Presented at 2018 Undergraduate Symposium, April 20, 2018, Angelo State University.
- PAH Detection, utilizing LDPE with Fluorescence Detection, Baxter Krug and Dr. David Carter presented at Great Plains Honors Council Conference, March 23, 2018, Stillwater, OK.