Maj. Daniel Allen Cook
Maj. Daniel A. Cook serves as the Aerospace Studies Department Operations Flight Commander and is an Assistant Professor of Aerospace Studies at Angelo State University Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps (AFROTC) Detachment 847. He supervises the cadet wing in the planning of all practical military training events that accomplishes the program’s leadership laboratory objectives.
Maj Cook is from Lone Oak, Texas. He joined the Air Force in 2004 as a Ground Radio Maintenance Technician. He is a 2009 graduate of Wayland Baptist University and received his commission through Officer Training School in 2010. He served as an Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) combat crew member at Francis E. Warren AFB, Wyo. where he performed tactical nuclear operations in various positions culminating as a Flight Commander in the 319th Missile Squadron. He is an Air Education and Training Command Master Instructor with over 2,000 instructor hours at the initial skills and re-qualification training levels on the Minuteman III ICBM nuclear weapon system. He holds a Master of Business Administration from Columbia Southern University. He has served 16.5 years on active duty. Prior to his current position, the major was the Operations Flight Commander for the 381st Training Support Squadron, Vandenberg AFB, Calif.
2004 Electronic Principles Course, Keesler AFB, Miss.
2004 Ground Radio Maintenance Course, Keesler AFB, Miss.
2007 Associate in Applied Science, Electronic Systems Technology, Community College of the Air Force, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2008 Airman Leadership School, Sheppard AFB, Texas
2009 Bachelor of Science, Occupational Education, Wayland Baptist University, Plainview, Texas
2010 Air and Space Basic Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2010 Rapid Execution and Combat Targeting Initial Skills Training Course, Top Graduate, Vandenberg AFB, Calif.
2013 Master of Business Administration, Columbia Southern University, Orange Beach, Ala.
2015 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
- January 2004 - March 2004, Trainee, 321st Training Squadron, Lackland Air Force Base (AFB), Texas
- March 2004 - October 2004, Student, 338th Training Squadron, Keesler AFB, Miss.
- October 2004 - February 2010, Airfield Systems Maintenance Craftsman, 82d Communications Squadron, Sheppard AFB, Texas (May 2006 - September 2006, Radio/SATCOM Journeyman, Combined Air Operations Center, Al Udeid Air Base, Qatar)
- February 2010 - December 2010, Student, 392d Training Squadron, Vandenberg AFB, Calif.
- December 2010 - December 2016, Deputy Missile Combat Crew Commander, Missile Combat Crew Commander, Assistant Flight Commander, Instructor Combat Crew Commander, Chief of ICBM Operations Crew Scheduling, Code Controller, Flight Commander, 319th Missile Squadron, 90th Operations Support Squadron, F.E. Warren AFB, Wyo.
- December 2016 - June 2019, Initial Skills Training Instructor, Instructor Supervisor, Assistant Flight Commander, 532d Training Squadron, Vandenberg AFB, Calif.
- June 2019 - June 2020, Operations Flight Commander, 381st Training Support Squadron, Vandenberg AFB, Calif.
- June 2020 - Present, Operations Flight Commander, Angelo State University AFROTC Detachment 847, San Angelo, Texas
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
- Meritorious Service Medal
- Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
- Airman Jan. 20, 2004
- Airman First Class March 5, 2004
- Senior Airman July 5, 2006
- Staff Sergeant March 1, 2009
- Second Lieutenant Feb. 18, 2010
- First Lieutenant Feb. 18, 2012
- Captain Feb. 18, 2014
- Major Oct. 1, 2019