String Orchestra Produces Concert Video Available on YouTube
November 05, 2020
Angelo State University’s student String Orchestra has produced a concert video that is now available to the public on YouTube.
Recorded at Southland Baptist Church, the 22-minute concert video is titled “Autumn Divertimento” and includes performances of:
- “Divertimento” in B Flat Major by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- Three Pieces in Baroque Style by Krzysztof Penderecki
- “Concerto Grosso No. 1” for String Orchestra with Piano Obligato by Ernest Bloch
The String Orchestra is directed by Dr. Fagner Rocha, ASU director of orchestral activities, who also accompanied the students on violin for the concert.
“Since we are not able to hold public performances, I presented a new project to the students – to produce a high-quality video performance, which would teach them what goes on behind the scenes of music video production,” Rocha said. “The students are very proud of the final result, and we were able to make the best out of the situation.”
The student members of the ASU String Orchestra include:
- Loxi Bell of Fredericksburg – Violin I
- Abigail Ketchum of Clifton – Violin I
- Dylan Stobaugh of San Angelo – Violin I
- Danielle Mullen of San Antonio – Violin II (principal)
- James Bautista of Brownwood – Violin II
- Camille Faught of San Angelo– Violin II
- Lucas Moralez of San Angelo – Viola (principal)
- Ronaldo Aguillon of San Angelo – Viola
- Christian Turnbull of Nolanville – Viola
- Taly Carter of San Angelo – Cello (principal)
- Annie Crowley of San Angelo – Cello
- Harrison Heatherly of Abilene – Cello
- Ben Crowley of San Angelo – Cello
- Jacob Brody of San Angelo – Bass
- Michaela Zimmerman of San Angelo – Piano
The concert video is available on YouTube at https://youtu.be/LpKfVD-tOAw.
For more information, contact Rocha at 325-486-6014 or firstname.lastname@example.org.